vegan creamy mushroom pasta
This is a delicious, cruelty-free (100% vegan) dish. Add gluten-free pasta and BOOM – it’s gluten free also. Here is the recipe:
Creamy Sauce Ingredients
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup of hemp seeds
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 lemon to squeeze (or 2 tsp of lemon juice)
- 10 basil leaves (average size)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 500g of fettuccine
- 250g of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of leeks
- 1 broccoli head
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste (optional)
- ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add all the sauce ingredients (garlic, avocado, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds, water, olive oil, lemon squeeze, basil leaves, salt and pepper) into a blender. Optional: pre-roast garlic with a bit of olive oil.
- Blend well.
- Turn off the blender and taste test. Add salt & pepper to taste if required and blend again.
- Cook fettuccine in a pot of boiling water.
- Drain the fettuccine and wash pasta to get rid of that starchiness. I find this helps untangle some of the pasta stuck together.
- Get a large saucepan or a wok and heat 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot add leeks, mushrooms and broccoli. Sauté for 5 minutes. You can pretty much add any vegetable you like here. Try onion for extra flavour.
- Add pasta and stir through the vegetables.
- Add the pasta sauce and stir through.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- And most importantly, ENJOY!