Aside Posted on Updated on
Here is the recipe I followed for making vegan chocolate & almond brownies.
No animals were harmed in making of this product 😉
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (I used bits of almonds, and this is an optional ingredient)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray (I used circa 8cm x 8cm) with baking paper.
- Add 1⁄2 cup of flour and 1 cup of water into a pan. Cook on low heat until it reaches a gluey paste. Stir regularly.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (remaining flour, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, cocoa, vegetable oil, baking powder & almonds) in a bowl.
- Add the gluey paste and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into the baking tray.
- Cook at 180ºC for 25 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.
Original recipe from http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-brownies-19282